A major announcement for R developers interested in type safety, thoughts on using Visual Studio Code from the perspective of a long-time RStudio user, and the adventures of filling regions between lines with ggplot2.
- This week's curator: Ryo Nakagawara (@R_by_Ryo)
- Introducing rpp: The long-term goal of the organisation is to add static type checking and other features to R, with zero cost at run time
- How not to be lost with VSCode when coming from RStudio?
- Fill the region between two lines in ggplot2
- Entire issue available at rweekly.org/2021-W42
- Type safety: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_safety
- Eric's R development repository: https://github.com/rpodcast/r_dev_projects
- Visual Studio Code R extension: https://github.com/REditorSupport/vscode-R